What should i do if i accidentally copied something in outlook? I can find messages in the folder and looking at their properties gives me the name of the folder but not where it is located.
I'd like to avoid having to manually look in every folder in the hierarchy
- Find the folder name by searching for the mail item and looking at its properties
- Select the Go menu, choose Folders at the bottom
- In the window that appears, find the folder in the drop-down box
- Press Ok and Outlook should open to that folder
The above did not work for outlook 2007 The following should do it
- Search for emails you know are in your folder
- Right click and select "Find All" then "Related Messages"
- On the box that pops up, one of the search options is "in:" with a browse button. This button will show you where the mail is kept and where the folder is in the tree
Again in outlook 2013 this has changed .
- Search for mail items that you know are in the mail folder
- Open the message and press Ctrl-Shift-F to open the Advanced Search dialog
- On the box that pops up, one of the search options is "in:" with a browse button. Press this button and it'll show you what folder the email is in and where it is in the folder tree